Two buildings for musical enjoyment
Tyrolean festival Erl
The silvery robes shimmer in the spotlights. Their arms are folded over their chest, and they sit upright on their bikes. They look straight ahead. Then suddenly they are lit up. The Valkyrie on wheels. The passion play house sounds out. Festival on the green meadow. Opera glamour in front of a mountain panorama. International flair in an idyllic village. The Tyrolean festival Erl brings together contrasts.
A new home
The Tyrolean festival Erl, founded by Gustav Kuhn in 1997, has been held over 25 days in July in the Erl passion play house every year since 1998. In December 2012 a new winter festival hall was opened alongside the original festival venue. Over the space of two weeks around Christmas, visitors can enjoy musical highlights at the Winter Festival Erl. In summer the building is used as an alternative venue to the passion play house.
Christmas in Erl, Bach in Erl. Bach is the beginning and end of musical thought. The starting point of the whole festival season. The summer season of the Tyrolean festival Erl is now supplemented with a winter festival. The Christmas Oratorio as an atmospheric herald, which on the 26th of December leads into the winter season. Pre-Christmas Tyrolean music tradition. On the programme are mainly contemporary works, the bel canto, works by Bach and Mozart.
- 18 December, 2016 - Christmas Oratorio I-VI
- 26 December, 2016 - 8 January, 2017
Delights in between times
The "Zwischen/Zeit" announced by the Tyrolean festival Erl is for the time between the two festivals. Space for art. Music projects. Further development of regional musical styles in an international context.
- 29 January, 2017 - big Chinese New Year's Concert
- 11 February, 2017 - 2nd chamber music concert by the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
- 18 March, 2017 - 3rd chamber music concert by the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
- 14 April, 2017 - St. Matthew Passion
The Ring in Erl
Once again in 2017 the Erl Ring is on the programme. It is an annual highlight for the Wagner community, which in 2015 was a great success in China in the 24-hour version. In 2017 the Ring will once again be celebrated in a way that is not seen anywhere else in the world. On four consecutive days. As it was intended and conceptualised by Wagner. With German and English subtitles. Unique. Popular.
- Thursday, 13 July, 2017, 7:00 pm - The Rhine Gold
- Friday, 14 July, 2017, 5:00 pm - The Valkyrie
- Saturday, 15 July, 2017, 5:00 pm - Siegfried
- Sunday, 16 July, 2017, 5:00 pm - Twilight of the Gods