Tyrolean festival Erl
Two buildings for musical enjoyment
The silvery robes shimmer in the spotlights. Their arms are folded over their chest, and they sit upright on their bikes. They look straight ahead. Then suddenly they are lit up. The Valkyrie on wheels. The passion play house sounds out. Festival on the green meadow. Opera glamour in front of a mountain panorama. International flair in an idyllic village. The Tyrolean festival Erl brings together contrasts.
A new home
The Tyrolean festival Erl, founded by Gustav Kuhn in 1997, has been held over 25 days in July in the Erl passion play house every year since 1998. In December 2012 a new winter festival hall was opened alongside the original festival venue. Over the space of two weeks around Christmas, visitors can enjoy musical highlights at the Winter Festival Erl. In summer the building is used as an alternative venue to the passion play house.
Delights in between times
The "Zwischen/Zeit" announced by the Tyrolean festival Erl is for the time between the two festivals. Space for art. Music projects. Further development of regional musical styles in an international context.
- 28 January, 2018: Chinese New Year Concert
- 10 February, 2018: 2nd Chamber Concert of the Munich Philharmonics
- 29 March, 2018: Parsifal Premiere
- 30 March, 2018: Matthäus Premiere
- 8 April, 2018: Matinee - Orchestra Academy
- 28 April, 2018: 3rd Chamber Concert of the Munich Philharmonics
The piano is back in focus as a versatile instrument. Visitors can expect a high performance show, a classical piano recital, a unique selection of interpretations and works from all eras and a concert matinee with the Orchestra of the Tyrolean Festival Erl.
- 23 - 25 March, 2018
Under the direction of Maestro Gustav Kuhn operas, concerts and chamber music are performed daily.
- 5. Juli 2018: Eröffnung Cyrill Scott
- 6. Juli 2018: Gioacchino Rossini - Ermione
- 7. Juli 2018: Richard Wagner - Die Walküre
- 8. Juli 2018: Franui
- 9. Juli 2018: Una Noche de Guitarra – Fascinante!
- 10. Juli 2018: Sophi(e)sticated
- 11. Juli 2018: Klavierabend – Mélodie Zhao
- 12. Juli 2018: Zeitgenuss und Ausländler
- 13. Juli 2018: Gioacchino Rossini: Ermione
- 14. Juli 2018: Richard Wagner: Tannhäuser
- 15. Juli 2018: Sofia Symphonics
- 16. Juli 2018: Viviane Chassot
- 17. Juli 2018 Beethoven Triple
- 18. Juli 2018 Acies Quartett & Maria Radoeva
- 19. Juli 2018: Zeitgenuss und Inlander
- 20. Juli 2018: Giuseppe Verdi: Messa da Requiem
- 21. Juli 2018: Richard Wagner - Tannhauser
- 22. Juli 2018: Haydn Orchester
- 23. Juli 2018: Klassik & Hans Berger
- 24. Juli 2018: Viola Obsession - Mariko Hara
- 25. Juli 2018: Una Noche de Guitarra – Exotica!
The Ring in Erl
Once again in 2018 the Erl Ring is on the programme. It is an annual highlight for the Wagner community, which in 2015 was a great success in China in the 24-hour version. In 2018 the Ring will once again be celebrated in a way that is not seen anywhere else in the world. On four consecutive days. As it was intended and conceptualised by Wagner. With German and English subtitles. Unique. Popular.
- 26 July, 2018 - The Rhine Gold
- 27 July, 2018 - The Valkyrie
- 28 July, 2018 - Siegfried
- 29 July, 2018 - Twilight of the Gods
Bach in Erl. Bach is the beginning and end of musical thought. The starting point of the whole festival season. The summer season of the Tyrolean festival Erl is now supplemented with a winter festival. The Christmas Oratorio as an atmospheric herald, which on the 26th of December leads into the winter season. Pre-Christmas Tyrolean music tradition. On the programme are mainly contemporary works, the bel canto, works by Bach and Mozart.
- coming soon...