St. Nicholas Church Ebbs
Church with a view
Downright enchanted it sits enthroned amidst the trees on a small hill. On one of the last tongues of the Zahmer Kaiser. Visible from afar. Prominent thanks to its location. Modest in its outward appearance. But don't be deceived. Its interior hides true treasures, not to mention the views it provides. The St. Nicholas Church near Ebbs.
Small but mighty
The view wanders downwards. The Haflinger village of Ebbs. Meadows. Forests. The surrounding Tirolean alpine world of the Kufsteinerland. Pendling mountain can be seen in the distance. The prominent local mountain of Kufstein. As spectacular as the views is the interior of the little church. Dedicated to St. Nicholas, the patron saint of all travellers and seafarers. The popular church has existed in this form since 1490. It stands on the grounds of the ancestral castle of the Ebbs locals, which disappeared without a trace and originally served as a castle chapel in a somewhat different form. The interior lives off the valuable inventory, in particular the high altar. During renovations in recent years, rare frescoes from the early 16th century were revealed. Can be viewed at any time. Walking time from Ebbs is around 45 minutes.