Suche:
today 20°C/68°F
Today:

Temperature: 20°C/68°F
Sunshine: 40%
Freezing level: 3300m
NederlandsFrancaisItalianoDeutsch
Holiday pleasure
Twitter Logo  YouTube Logo  Google Plus Logo  Pin It
Time to enjoy

Your contact partner:


Tel.: +43-(0)5372-62207

Fax: +43-(0)5372-61455
info@kufstein.com

previous
next

Museums & Monuments

Apart from wonderful nature our region also offers many historical treasures. Baroque churches, chapels and monuments but also castles, museums and handicrafts from the past. Have a look and be astonished!

A voyage into times past in our homeland

 

A piece of the industrial history of Kiefersfelden right in our midst. The old timber house close to the banks of the River Inn is more than 300 years old and at the time the first "foreign workers" from Kiefersfelden lived there. It gets its name from "Plä-Haus". In the middle of the complex of buildings of the iron works stood the furnace, in which air was ‘billowed’ using bellows to reach the temperature required for iron smelting. The ‘Blaahaus’ in Kiefersfelden is a listed building - a wonderful journey, not just into the past.

 

Open:

May to October – every Thursday and Sunday from 2.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.

November to April – every Tuesday from 9.00 a.m. - 11.30 a.m.

And also upon advance booking and requests at Kaiser-Reich Information Office

 

Entry prices:

Adults EUR 3.00

Youths 12-16 years old EUR 2.00

Free admission for children up to the age of 12

 

Information & Contact:

Kaiser-Reich Tourist Information

Dorfstraße 23

D- 83088 Kiefersfelden

phone: +49/8033/9765-27

fax: +49/8033/9765-44

info@kiefersfelden.de

» more information about Kiefersfelden and 

» more information about the Blaahaus

 

 

 

In the mountain village of Auffach, sculptor and "wood philosopher" Hubert Salcher runs the 1st Tyrol Wood Museum and a wood carving exhibition workshop. Interesting and curious facts about the history of Tyrol wood - 2000 exhibits about wood. Treat yourself to something different and learn your "wood age". The ‘LGB train’ in the garden is new, and the "wood path" is also worth looking at - a copse-themed path (around 30 minutes walk).

 

Open:

Summer (Mid-May until 22. October)

Monday - Friday from 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

Saturday from 10.00 a.m. - Midday

 

Winter (Mid-December until Easter)

Tuesday - Friday from 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

Saturday from 10.00 a.m. - Midday

 

Entry prices:

Adults EUR 4.50

Children less than 1m tall go free of charge

Groups from 12 people EUR 4.00 per person

Saturday afternoon entry EUR 5.00 / Sundays and bank holidays EUR 5.50

 

Information & Contact:

1st tyrolean wood museum 

Ortsmitte Nr. 148

6313 Wildschönau - Auffach

phone: +43-(0)-664-3803212

info@holzmuseum.com

» more information about the wood museum

 

 

 

Immerse yourself in the life of our ancestors!

 

The museum has since 1997 been housed in an originally maintained farmstead dating from 1795. The show rooms in the front section contain over 1100 exhibits of the life of our ancestors, which are used to show work, culture and daily life.

 

Open:

Winter 23.12.09 - 31.03.10:

Wednesdays 1.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.

 

Summer 20.05.10 - 09.10.10:

MON, WED, FRI & SUN from 11.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

 

Every Thursday from 1.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m. there is a craft market

 

Entry prices:

Museum EUR 3.70

Museum with craft market EUR 5.50

Discounts for children (6-15 years old) and groups of more than 10 people

 

Information & Contact:

Bergbauernmuseum z'Bach

6311 Oberau / Wildschönau

Tel.: +43/5339/20055 and +43/676/9278 189

info@bergbauernmuseum.at

» more information about the museum 

 

 

Hohenaschau Castle

Hohenaschau Castle is one of the mightiest castles on the edge of the Alps. From a high mountain ridge the castle looks over Priental valley. After Christianization the area found itself in the control of the diocese of Salzburg, and in 1158 it was transferred to the Counts of Falkenstein-Neuburg.


The two brothers, Alhardt and Conrad von Hirnsberg, were given feudal tenure of the area around Chiemsee and Priental valley and built a castle there between 1165 and 1170, which they named Hohenaschau. Sections of the fortified tower, the foundation walls of the castle, along with sections of the enclosure wall date from this time. In 1328 the castle entered into the possession of the von Burghausen family, then in 1374 to the Freyberg family. From 1610 the von Preysings reigned over Hohenaschau. From 1875 to 1942 the castle belonged to the Industrialist von Cramer- Klett. Today concerts take place at the castle and there are also theatrical productions in summer.

 

 

Priental museum

Today’s Priental museum (earlier: "Benefiziaten- und Mesnerhaus") is presumed to have come about in connection with the renovation of the castle in 1680. It was built directly in the castle chapel in 1637-39. In 1632 Johann Christoph Ist from Preysing-Hohenaschau made a donation in his will for a new castle chapel and 2000 fl. for the chaplainship. The castle chaplains at the time, and later the sextons, lived here until 1975. In 1987 the German Federal Property Administration office renovated this former sextons’ residence. Since June 1988 it has housed the "Prientalmuseum – Hohenaschau Castle". There are two floors, on one the era of the former rulers of Hohenaschau is documented and on the other, the era of the iron industry in Priental valley.

A general shop from the turn of the century and a charming inner courtyard in the bastion invite you to come and have a look and stay for a while.

Priental museum is looked after by the Aschau Local Historical Society. Proceeds benefit the not-for-profit aims of the society in the areas of culture and local history.

 

 

Guided tour times in Hohenaschau Castle:
10th May 2009 to mid October
Tuesday & Thursday 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday & Friday 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Sundays and bank holidays 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Cash desk & meeting point at PRIENTALMUSEUM in the castle
Groups by appointment please, Tel. +49-(0)8052-904937

 

Priental museum opening hours:

Priental museum and the affiliated castle shop are mainly open when there are guided tours of the castle:

 

Parking:
The entire castle hill area is closed to traffic.

There is free car-parking for visitors available at the festival hall.

Please allow 15-20 minutes to get from the car park to the castle.

Prices for entry and guided tours:
Adults EUR 5.00

Children from 6 to 16 years old EUR 3.00
Family ticket 2 (grand) parents with (grand) children EUR 10.00 /

1 (grand) parent with (grand) children EUR 7.00
Adults and groups of more than15 people EUR 4.00 p.p.

Contact & Information:

Tourist Info Aschau
Kampenwandstr. 38
D-83229 Aschau im Chiemgau
phone:  +49 (0)8052 904937
info@aschau.de
» more information about the castle & museum 

 

 

Herreninsel in Chiemsee

The largest of the three Chiemsee islands has been populated since pre-historic times. A monastery set up in the 7th century lends its name to Herrenchiemsee, and King Ludwig II. from Bavaria set up his world-renown royal palace here, using Versailles as his example. The beauty of the natural surroundings, the monastic life and the utmost in regal splendour combine to create a cultural landscape of unique charm.

 

Herrenchiemsee Royal Palace (New Palace)

In 1873 King Ludwig II. of Bavaria acquired Herreninsel as the location for his new palace, Herrenchiemsee. As a replica of Versailles, this palace was to be a »Temple of splendour« for King Ludwig XIV. of France, who the Bavarian monarch adored boundlessly. There were in total 13 planning phases. In 1878 Georg Dollmann started plans to build the »Bavarian Versailles«. In 1886, upon the death of King Ludwig II., the palace had not yet been completed.

 

Later some sections had become rather dilapidated. Under the large show rooms, highlights are the wonderful southern staircase, the State Bedroom and the large Gallery of Mirrors. The intimate Small Apartment was kept in French Rococo style and was the king’s apartment. In 1876 the ‘Hofgärtendirektor’ Carl von Effner produced the final plan for a large garden using Versailles as an example. Upon the death of the king only the garden section along the main axis, with its famous fountains and water garden area, had been completed.

 

Open:

1st April until mid October: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

Mid October until 31st March: 9.40 a.m. to 4.15 p.m.

 

Admittance with guided tour only:

Last guided tour around 30-45 minutes before close

 

Water garden open from 1st May to 3rd October

 

 

King Ludwig II.-Museum in Herrenchiemsee royal palace

The museum is housed in twelve modern appointed rooms on the ground floor of the southern wing and was opened in 1987. It is dedicated to the life situations of Ludwig II., from his birth up to his early, tragic death - with painted portraits, busts, historic photographs and original sumptuous clothing. As patron of the composer Richard Wagner, the king went down in music history. There are portraits, written documents along with theatre and stage design models exhibited on this topic. The »Königsschlösser« Neuschwanstein, Linderhof and Herrenchiemsee are also documented, as are other building projects of Ludwig II. Original sumptuous furniture from the demolished royal apartment in the Munich Residence, and from the only bedroom in Linderhof Castle are highlights in the museum. Showpieces from artisan craftwork, commissioned by the king, document the European status of Munich court art in the second half of the 19th century.

 

Open:

1st April to mid October from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

Mid October to 31st March from 10.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.

 

 

Museum in the Augustinian Monastery - with Galerie Maler am Chiemsee

Today’s monastery in Herrenchiemsee was built in baroque style. Four wings surround a large, roughly rectangular-shaped courtyard, which has an idyllic rose garden. The convent storey (east wing) with halls and residential chambers was built in 1645–49, while the brewery storey (west wing) was built in 1661– 65. In the prestigious prince’s storey (south wing), built in 1700 –16, there is a monastery kitchen, splendid halls, as well as living rooms for royal guests. The Prelature storey (north wing), 1727–30, completes the monastery. Since 1998 a modern appointed museum has been located in the convent storey and in the ‘Fürstenstock’. Here the history of the monastery and the convent, and also the meeting to prepare the fundamental law of the Federal Republic of Germany (1948) are documented. High points include the baroque library room (J. B. Zimmermann) and King Ludwig II. of Bavaria's living rooms (dating from around 1875). Since 2005 Galerie Maler am Chiemsee has also been housed here. In six rooms there is a selection of over fifty masterpieces by painters who worked at Chiemsee, such as Karl Millner, Karl Raupp, Joseph Wopfner, Leo Putz and Wilhelm Trübner.

 

Open:

1st April to mid October from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

Mid October to 31st March from 10.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.

 

 

Julius Exter picture gallery in the Prelature storey of the Augustinian Monastery

The picture gallery is located in the Prelature storey (north wing) of the monastery facilities, which was built between 1727 and 1730. In nine baroque rooms there is an overview of the artist’s work from all creative periods, with around 100 pictures. In 1900 Julius Exter (1863 –1939) was a key pioneer of modern painting in Munich. He was a part of the »Secession« set up in 1892 and was regarded as a »Farbenfürst« by his contemporaries. Pictures by the avant-garde painter sold throughout Germany and especially in Switzerland. Exter developed from historicism to the lively colourfulness of Expressionism. With regard to his painting technique and colouristic experiments he was on close terms with the groups of artists known as »Blauer Reiter«. As well as compositions and portraits of figures, landscapes and nudes formed the emphasis of his artistic creation. A farmhouse acquired in 1902 in Übersee-Feldwies in Chiemsee became headquarters for the artist and the setting for his painting school which was known throughout Europe. Exter-Haus is today open to the public as a museum.

 

Open:

1st April until mid October from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

Closed mid October until 31st March

 

 

Entry prices:

  • Full/Island ticket EUR 7.00 (discount EUR 6.00)
    Guided our in the New Palace along with a trip to King Ludwig II Museum, the Museum in the Augustinian Monastery and the “Maler am Chiemsee” and “Julius Exter” galleries
  • Augustinian Monastery EUR 3.00 (discount EUR 2.00)
    Museum in the Augustinian Monastery with the “Maler am Chiemsee” gallery and “Julius Exter” gallery
  • Reduced entry
    Groups from 15 paying people, along with students, severely handicapped and people over the age of 65 get a reduced entry fee.
  • Free entry
    Children and young people under the age of 18 as well as school pupils and school classes, without age restriction (but with school ID card) get free entry.

 

Guided tours:

  • Guided tour of the palace
    The New Palace with its sumptuous rooms can be visited as part of a guided tour. Guided tours of the palace last around 30 minutes. The last tour in the summer season starts around 5.00 p.m. in summer and at around 3.40 p.m. in winter.

 

Open:

Opening hours are based around boat journey times.

New Palace:

From April to mid October: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.; last guided tour around 5.00 p.m.

From around mid October to March: 9.40 a.m. to 4.15 p.m.; last guided tour around 3.40 p.m.

Ludwig II.-Museum and Augustinian Monastery with picture galleries:

From April to around mid October: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

From around mid October to March: 10.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.

 

Last admission for visitors is 30 minutes before the end of visiting time.

 

The Julius Exter gallery is closed in the winter season (around mid October to the end of March).

The water works operate daily from May to 3rd October, from 9.35 a.m. to 5.25 p.m. in 15 minute intervals.

 

Coach rides

  • Coach rides to the Palace
    From around the start of April until the end of October visitors can combine their route from the mooring to the New Palace with a carriage ride. The ride takes around 15 minutes. A single ticket costs EUR 3.00 for adults, and EUR 1.00 for children between the ages of 6 to 17. Children under the age of six can travel free of charge.

 

Chiemsee boat trip

Boat trips to the Herreninsel from Prien/Stock take around 15 to 20 minutes, and from Gstadt around 20 minutes. More information on the Chiemsee boat trip available from Ludwig Fessler, telephone.: 08051/609-0 and at www.chiemsee-schifffahrt.de

 

Schedule – an overview of times

Boat trip 15 to 20 minutes

Coach ride to the palace 15 to 20 minutes

Walk to the Palace 20 minutes

Guided tour in the New Palace 30 to 35 minutes

Visit to the Ludwig II. Museum in the New Palace 30 to 45 minutes

Sightseeing tour of the park, with the water works 15 to 30 minutes

Trip to the museum in the Augustinian Monastery 30 to 45 minutes

Trip to the Julius Exter gallery and painter at Chiemsee, every 15 to 30 minutes

 

 

Contact & Information:

Schloss- & Gartenverwaltung Herrenchiemsee

Altes Schloss 3

D-83209 Herrenchiemsee

phone: +49-(0)8051-6887-0

Fax: +49-(0)8051-6887-99

sgvherrenchiemsee@bsv.bayern.de

» more information about the castle and » more about castles in Bavaria

 

 

At the Cemetery Museum in the district of Kramsach there are lots of special graves ... the gravesites are adorned with funny inscriptions and epitaphs which are very different. The sayings which feature in Hans Guggenberger’s collection on the whole stem from the last century. So, those of you who would like to see originally maintained sayings which have humorous content ‘in real life’, can do just that in the "fun” cemetery in Kramsach. In this area, as well as blacksmiths’ and stonemason’s workshops, Hans Guggenberger has restored and arranged countless historic relics.

 

Open:

Daily from 10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.

In winter from 10.00 a.m. until nightfall

 

Information & Contact:

Fam. Hans Guggenberger

Hagau 81, 6233 Kramsach

phone: +43/5337/62447

Fax: +43/5337/62447-10

office@museumsfriedhof.info

» more information about the cemetery museum

 

 

To the north of the medieval town of Rattenberg, on a charming rural, wave-shaped terrace in Seendorf Kramsach is the Museum of Tyrol Agriculture. Like all open-air museums it is an educational facility, which provides a great deal to experience. A tour through the Tyrol Agricultural Museum enables you to learn about agricultural architecture from throughout Tyrol, in a day. Goats, sheep, hens and geese live in the museum, providing young and old alike the opportunity to experience nature "up close". On an area covering around 8 hectares there are 14 farms, from various valleys in Tyrol, and annexes such as mills, sawmills, blacksmiths and much more.

 

Open:

From Palm Sunday to 31st October, daily from 9.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.

Last entry 5.00 p.m.

 

Prices:

Adults EUR 5.50

Groups (from 15 people) EUR 4.80

Children (6-17 years old) EUR 2.20

Children up to the age of 5 - free

Family ticket EUR 11.00

 

Guided tours

- only available upon prior advance notification, surcharge on the entry price:

up to 20 people (German) EUR 34.00

Each additional person EUR 1.70

 

Up to 20 people (Engl., French., Ital., Dutch.) EUR 38.00

For each additional person EUR 1.90

 

Information & Contact:

Museum Tiroler Bauernhöfe

Angerberg 10, 6233 Kramsach

phone: +43/5337/62636-13

Fax: +43/5337/63578

office@museum-tb.at

» more information about the museum 

 

 

The Augustinian Monks Museum in Rattenberg is one of the most charming museums in Austria. Very precious gold and silver wrought-iron work, remarkable pieces of religious folk art and an outstanding collection of Gothic sculptures provide a comprehensive overview of eight centuries of Tirol history, art and culture.

 

Open

1st May until the 2nd Sunday of October; daily from 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

 

Prices

Standard ticket EUR 3.00

Discounted ticket EUR 2.00

Groups from 10 people EUR 1.50

Children up to the age of 18 go free of charge

 

Guided tours available upon advance registration and agreement by telephone.

 

Contact & Information

Augustiner Museum Rattenberg

Klostergasse 95

6240 Rattenberg

phone & Fax: +43-(0)5337-64831

info@augustinermuseum.at

» more information about the Augustiner museum

 

 

One particularly picturesque eye-catching feature of Rattenberg are its ‘Nagelschmied’ houses, which nestle tightly into the cliffs at the western entrance to the city. They were built in the 12th century. Inside a special Handcrafts Museum invites you to come in and take a tour. Here visitors get to experience old, originally furnished snugs and bedrooms, whose features recount the way of life in centuries past. In the unique rock grotto which is a part of it, "Free schnapps and liqueur tasting" is on offer. From the start of November through to mid January the biggest crib and crib figures exhibit in Austria is also held here.

 

Open:

May to October from 9.00 a.m. - Midday and 1.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m. (daily)

November to mid January from 9.30 a.m. - Midday and 1.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.

Close from mid January until the end of March!

April 9.00 a.m. - Midday and 1.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.

Closed Sundays and bank holidays, except by arrangement.

 

Entry prices:

Adults EUR 1.50 incl. schnapps tasting

Children EUR 1.00

For bus tours from20 people entry is free of charge.

 

Information & Contact:

Handcrafts Museum

Südtiroler Str. 33

6240 Rattenberg

phone: +43/5337/67097

fax: +43/5337/67090

egger@rattenberg.at

» more information about the museum

 

 

Accessible via Kanzelkehre, Wiesing and by following the Inntalbundesstraße towards Wörgl until just before St. Gertraudi. There, set on a hill on the left-hand side is Kropfsberg Castle. This castle was built in 1200 and is one of the most majestic castles in Tirol. From Kropfsberg Castle it takes around 1/2 hour, heading along the left banks of the River Inn, to get to Lichtenwerth Castle. From there, via a short path along the main road, you get to Matzen Castle, which was built in the 16th century.

 

The superb park, which was set up along the lines of an English park, has two artificial ponds span the area, Löwenteich and Karpfenteich. Many of the over 40 exotic trees and bushes are from the time of the establishment of the park. Entry to Matzen Castle park, Lichtenwerth Castle, Kropberg Castle and Matzen Castle is free.  There are no guided tours.

 

Contact & Information:

 

Alpbachtal Seenland
Tourismus
Zentrum 1, A-6233 KramsachT: +43 (0)5336 600 600
F: +43 (0)5336 600 699
info@alpbachtal.at

 

Alpbachtal Seenland tourist board

Zentrum 1, A-6233 Kramsach

phone: +43 (0)5336 600 600

fax: +43 (0)5336 600 699

info@alpbachtal.at

 

 

The Haus der Völker was set up in 1995 and is the initiative of expert on Africa and photographer Gert Chesi from Tirol. In 30 years he has collated more than a thousand exhibits, which – supplemented by loans – forms the basis of this extraordinary exhibition. A venue came about which enabled a comparison of the cultures of this world to be compared, and through the presentation of main themes, endeavoured to show the boundless wealth which the work of mankind has brought about. The Haus der Völker considers itself to be a museum, which over and above being  a mere exhibition – is also one which is culturally active, in order to bring about integrated cultural understanding and bridge the gap between yesterday and today, and also break down barriers between cultures and people in this world.

 

Open:

Open year-round; 10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m. daily

 

Guided tours every Sunday and bank holidays at 3.00 p.m. (for more than 5 people)

And on request

 

Entry prices:

Adults EUR 6.00

Children, students, senior citizens EUR 4.00

Groups from 15 people EUR 4.00 not including guided tour / EUR 6.00 with guided tour

Guided tour price for groups EUR 22.00

Guided tour price for groups of more than 15 people are free of charge

 

Information & Contact:

Haus der Völker

St. Martin 16

6130 Schwaz

phone: +43-(0)5242-66090

fax: +43-(0)5242-66091

info@hausdervoelker.com

» more information about the museum 

 

 

The castle buildings were first mentioned in documents dating from 1306; the original purpose of the edification was to protect the adjacent southern annex, shipping traffic, the crossing over the River Inn and to monitor the old Roman road. Hasegg experienced a very significant upturn in 1567; Archduke Ferdinand II had the mint, which had been transferred by Siegmund dem Münzreichen in 1477 from Meran (Südtirol) to Hall, moved from Sparberegg to Hasegg Castle. The ‘Hall coin’ enjoyed worldwide fame! The last coins were stamped in Hasegg in 1809.

 

Open:
Summer opening hours:

April - October
Tuesday - Sunday 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Closed Monday 

Winter opening hours:

November - March
Tuesday - Saturday 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Monday

Last admission 4.00 p.m.

 

Entry prices

Adults: EUR 4.00
Group, from 15 people: EUR 3.00 per person
Children: EUR 3.00
Families: EUR 10.00
Reduced tariff (students, senior citizens...): EUR 3.50

 

Combi-ticket for Hasegg Castle & Münze Hall
Adults: EUR 8.00  
Group, from 15 people: EUR 6.00
Children: EUR 6.00
Families: EUR 20.00
Reduced tariff (students, senior citizens...): EUR 7.00

 

Use of the audio guides in German, children’s German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese is INCLUDED in these prices!

 

Contact & Information:
Münze Hall/Burg Hasegg
Unterer Stadtplatz/Münzergasse
6060 Hall in Tirol, Austria
phone: +43-(0)5223-5855-165
Fax: +43-(0)5223-5855-166
info@muenze-hall.at
» more information about the "Münze Hall"

 

 

Did you know that the saying "the real deal" comes from coiner’s language, and was used to describe coins as containing the prescribed amount of precious metal? And did you know that the origins of today’s US Dollar, the Japanese Yen and even the Euro lie in Hall/Tirol? The answers to these and much more await in Münze Hall. Franz - a ‘Münzwardein’ (coin guardian) from a previous time – guides visitors using modern audio-guides in seven languages, through half a millennia of European coinage history. For the youngest visitors there is also a guided tour for children. The central part of the newly built museum is the first coin embossing machine from 1571, which has been recreated to the original size of 8 m in length, 4m wide and 2.5 m in height. This is the only existing example in the world of a fully functional roller coining machine. Equipped with a special magnifying glass, visitors are encouraged to take a closer look at the coin and minting devices in the interactive display cases. To finish, visitors are able to put their own finishing touches by embossing their own coins in the museums shop.

 

Open:

Summer (April - October)

Tuesday to Sunday 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

Closed on Mondays!

 

Winter (November - March)

Tuesday to Saturday 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

Closed on Sundays & Mondays!

Please get information and make requests in good time during winter opening hours – changes possible!

 

Entry prices:

Adults: EUR 6.00
Groups from 15 people: EUR 4.00 per person
Children: EUR 4.00
Families: EUR 15.00
Discounts (Senior citizens, students....): EUR 5.00

 

Combi-ticket Burg Hasegg & Münze Hall

Adults: EUR 8.00

Groups from 15 people: EUR 6.00 per person

Children: EUR 6.00

Families: EUR 20.00

Discounts (Senior citizens, students....): EUR 7.00

 

Information & Contact:

Münze Hall

Burg Hasegg 6

6060 Hall in Tirol

phone: +43/5223/5855 165

Fax: +43/5223/5855 166

info@muenze-hall.at

» more information about the Münze Hall

 

 

One of the most beautiful Renaissance castles in Europe offers guided tours which are full of adventure, for the whole family! Adults and children can go through the castle together – mighty and at the same time magical and romantic, Tratzberg Castle sits enthroned right between Innsbruck and Kufstein on a piece of rock. It really is worth taking a detour to see this architectural gem, especially since visitors are guided through this 500 year old, originally furnished Renaissance castle by Emperor Maximilian "in person". An audio-visual adventure tour (in 7 languages: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese) provides those who have an interest in art and culture with an experience of life in the castle.

 

An outstanding, child-oriented, audio-visual guided our in fairy-tale format introduces history to young guests and adults at the same time, in a playful way. The fun excursion train, the "Tratzberg Express", (seats 50) takes visitors from the car park through the romantic mountain forest, direct to the castle (footpath around 20 minutes). A trip to Tratzberg Castle is an adventure for the whole family, no matter what the weather has in store. It also provides a destination for excursions with friends or business partners. Tour groups are very welcome; bus parking available.

 

In the romantic "Zum Schlosswirt" cafe at the foot of the castle guests can indulge in some home-made meals and a well-assorted cake buffet. The guest garden and children’s play ground are connected to this.

 

It is around a 20 minute walk on the foot path from the car park to the castle, or the excursion train (seats 50) can get you direct to the castle in around 8 minutes.

 

Open:

20th March – 1st November 2010

 

Extended opening hours in July and August:

Last guided tour of the castle at 5:00 p.m.

 

Guided tours daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (start of the last tour)

Duration of the tour: 1 hour.

 

Entry prices:

Adults EUR 13,00

Groups from 20 people EUR 10,00 per person

Children up to 12 years EUR 7,50

Adolescents 13-17 years old EUR 9,00

Family ticket (2 adults & 2 children) EUR 35,00

Excursion train: € 1,50 per person per trip

 

Information & Contact:

Schloss Tratzberg

6200 Jenbach

phone: +43/5242/63566

Fax: +43/5242/63566-44

info@schloss-tratzberg.at

» more information about castle Tratzberg

 

 

A special arrangement of bell foundry, bell museum and a sound room

 

Get a feeling for this old handcraft during a visit to the "Bell museum"...

... which presents a special arrangement comprising a bell foundry, bell museum and sound room. This interesting interconnection was awarded the "Austrian Museums’ Prize". The bell foundry: 14 generations of the Grassmayr family have been casting bells for people all over the world. 400 years of experience, history and tradition. In the casting room bell shapes are modelled from loam using old handcraft skills. The bell museum: from ore to bell. In this section of the museum we describe the process of making a bell and their evolution in Western culture. The sound room: mysticism in the sound room. We invite you to go an acoustic adventure.  The sounds of the bells become visible, audible and perceptible. Try it for yourself. Guided tours upon prior registration.

 

Open:

Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.

Saturdays (1.5.-30.9. and 1.12.-31.12.) from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.

 

Guided tours upon prior registration (also outside the opening hours)

 

Contact & Information:

Glocken- & Kunstgießerei

Leopoldstraße 53, 6010 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-59416-37

fax: +43-(0)512-59416-22

info@grassmayr.at

» more information about the foundry Grassmayr

 

 

The Goldenes Dachl

Innsbruck’s famous landmark is located in the middle of the Gothic Old Town, one of the most beautiful and best kept medieval town centres in Austria. The current townscape with its Gothic and Baroque house facades, and the Inn-Salzach typically narrow buildings, the buildings which stretch way back, essentially date from the period between 1500 and 1540. A typical feature in a city of this type are its beautiful alcoves and arcades, which stretch along the former main street of the royal capital of Innsbruck – Herzog Friedrich Street today. This takes you from the south to the landmark for Innsbruck, the “Goldenen Dachl”.  Emperor Maximilian built a magnificent bay window in the former residence of Duke Friedrich IV on the occasion of his wedding to Bianca Maria Sforza from Milan. With 2738 fire-gilded copper shingles it at that time embodied a sense of being at the centre of Europe. Incidentally, since the start of 2003 the ‘Goldene Dachl’ has housed the headquarters of the “Permanent Secretariat of the Alpine Convention”. The Alpine convention was a binding treaty in international law between the eight neighbouring Alpine states, with the aim of safeguarding lasting and environmentally-sustainable development in Alpine areas.

 

Goldenes Dachl Museum

There is now a memorial room set up in the Goldenen Dachl to the Tirol state premiers, to emphasise their political, economic and cultural significance in Europe. The exquisite exhibits focus mainly on Maximilian, himself.  The interactive museum illustrates the life and works of Emperor Maximilian I. and his importance in Europe.

 

Museum opening hours:

1st May to 30th September: daily from 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. (Mon-Sun)

1st October to 31st October / 1st December to 30th April (Closed November): daily from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Tues-Sun)

 

Museum entry prices:

Adults EUR 4.00

School pupils, students, senior citizens, groups from 10 people EUR 2.00

Family ticket EUR 8.00

Audio guided tour included in the price

 

Contact & Information:

Museum Goldenes Dachl

Herzog Friedrich Straße 15, 6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-581111

fax: +43-(0)512- 581111
goldenes.dachl@innsbruck.gv.at

» more information about Innsbruck and the "Goldene Dachl"

 

 

 

The Court Garden was built in the early 15th century from Duke Leopold IV’s and Duke Friedrich IV’s kitchen garden and was extended in the 15th and 16th centuries. From the early 19th century this superb park has been open to the public. A wall with wrought-iron gates dating from the middle of the 19th century surround the park. The music pavilion, which was built in 1830, is roughly in the centre. These days concerts are often held in it. To the north and the south of this there are outdoor chess boards, where you can have a game of chess. To the north and the south of the pavilion a fountain was erected. Numerous benches, a playground and the Hofgarten café invite you to have a rest and relax. The memorial to Archduke Eugen was erected from a design by Clemens Holzmeister in 1957. (Field marshal Archduke Eugen was the last Innsbruck resident from the house of Habsburg-Lothringen). In the art pavilion, the former imperial tea lodge, there are alternating exhibits where artists show their work.

 

Contact & Information:

Hofgarten Innsbruck

Rennweg/Karl-Kapferer Straße, 6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-584803

Fax: +43-(0)512-584803-26

hofgarten.innsbruck@tirol.com

 

 

Innsbruck’s Court Church, with its funerary monument to Emperor Maximilian Ist, is the most important imperial funerary monument in Europe and is a testimony to European court art, in which the best artists such as Albrecht Dürer, Peter Vischer d. Ä., Alexander Colin and others were involved. The fundamental idea of Emperor Maximilian Ist was to create a political memorial to the Roman-German empire, which, based on the tradition of the House of Habsburg, was to further develop upon Maximilian’s political aim to have a European empire. Work to complete the funerary monument in its current form, with the casting of the statue of the kneeling emperor in 1584, the virtuous people and the iron trellis was done by Archduke Ferdinand II. more than 80 years after work began. The Court Church was built between 1553 - 1563, under Ferdinand I. It includes the hollow funerary monument to Emperor Maximilians I., the sarcophagus with the kneeling emperor, where on the lateral faces there are 24 marble reliefs featuring the emperor's deeds to look at, and as attendees at the funeral, there are 28 larger-than-life-size bronze statues. The funerary monument to Andreas Hofer and by other freedom fighters can also be found in the Court Church.

 

Open:

Monday to Saturday from 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

Sundays and bank holidays from 12.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.

 

July, August:

Saturday from 9.00 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.

Sundays and bank holidays from 12.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.

 

Contact & Information:

Hofkirche Innsbruck

Universitätsstraße 2, 6020 Innsbruck

phone:+43-(0)512-584302

Fax: +43-(0)512-584302-70

volkskunstmuseum@tirol.gv.at

» more information about the church 

 

 

Kaiserjägermuseum and Andreas Hofer Gallery, Innsbruck

 

The Regimental Museum to the Imperial and Royal Tirol ‘Kaiserjäger’ (1816-1918) presents the history of the troops (uniforms, weaponry, wars). The museum also recalls Tirol’s struggles for freedom which took place on Bergisel hill. Substantial collections of pictures, flags and weaponry from Andreas Hofer’s era, as well as the history of Tirol’s Imperial Regiment, in particular from the 1st World War can be seen. On the ground floor there is a chapel of remembrance which was built in 1959, the commemorative year, in which the Tirol book of commemoration is kept – which includes the names of all the fallen Tirol men from the years 1796-1945. The large window panes provide a splendid, uninterrupted view of Innsbruck and Nordkette. Not far from the Kaiser-Jäger Museum: the memorials to  the Tirol’s struggles for freedom, the Andreas Hofer memorial and the chapel – in which the Kaiserjäger-honorary grave can be seen.

 

Open

1st April until 31st October – daily from 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

 

Contact & Information:

Kaiser Jäger Museum - Andreas Hofer Galerie

Bergisel 1, 6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-582312

Fax: +43-(0)512-588675

office@kaiserjaegermuseum.org

» more information about the Kaiserjäger museum 

 

 

After Andechs Castle on the Inn Bridge and the so-called "Neuhof" (the building of what was later to be the Goldenen Dachl), the Imperial Court was the third and final place of residence of the Tyrol sovereign rulers. From the end of the 14th century they gradually acquired plots of land and houses in the area of this future site. Set up in 1460 under the leadership of Archduke Siegmund dem Münzreichen, it was renovated (1754-73) by order of Empress Maria Theresia. There is a magnificent giant hall, ceiling frescoes by F.A. Maulbertsch and portraits of the imperial family. There are imperial apartments - 25 imperial State Apartments dating from the 18th and 19th centuries, and a giant hall (the most splendid festive and ceremonial hall in the Alpine region). The Gothic cellar can be hired for events, and "Cafe Sacher" is located next to the Imperial Court.

 

The first floor of the Imperial Court still houses the Alpenvereins-Museum. Alpine art from two centuries with numerous reliefs, examples of high mountain cartography, old mountain equipment and models of Alpine lodges ... provide an insight into the history of Alpine tourism and the opportunity to recall your own mountain experiences. The exhibition is called “Mountains, an incomprehensible passion” (exhibition runs until 2012).

 

Open:

Daily from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (last entry 4.30 p.m.)

 

Entry prices:

Adults EUR 5.50

Senior citizens, Students, those with a disability EUR 4.00

Children (6-14 years old) EUR 1.10

School pupils (15-18 years old) EUR 2.50

Groups (min. 10 people) EUR 4.90

Guided tour surcharge - German (11.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m.) EUR 2.20

Registered guides tours for groups, package deals excl. entry EUR 29.00

 

Contact & Information:

Burg- und Schlosshauptmannschaft Innsbruck

Rennweg 1, 6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-587186-12

Fax: +43-(0)512-587186-13

hofburg.ibk@burghauptmannschaft.at

» more information about the Hofburg 

 

 

The Museum of cultural history in Tirol: an immensely wealthy state - early prospectors – made from silver and salt - religious and social turmoil after 1500 - for God, the Emperor and the fatherland – setting for the 20th century – time installation – Sound Room Innsbruck became the biggest weaponry and armaments depot in the Austrian hereditary lands, the armoury on the River Sill to one of the most extensive weapons stores in Europe. The manufacture of canons and other weaponry was also connected with this: cannon foundry in Mühlau and near Büchsenhausen.

 

Open:

Tuesday – Sunday from 10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.

 

Contact & Information:

Museum in the Zeughaus

Zeughausgasse, 6020 Innsbruck

Tel.: 43-(0)512-587439

Fax: +43-(0)512-50489-318

zeughaus@tiroler-landesmuseum.at

» more information about the Zeughaus museum

 

 

Ambras Castle, which is located high above Innsbruck and can be seen from quite a distance away, is one of the most important sights in the regional capital. Its cultural-historical significance is inextricably linked to Archduke Ferdinand II (1529-1595), who, as a genuine Renaissance ruler, promoted the arts and sciences. He started the magnificent Ambras collections, which he had placed in the Lower Castle area, in line with the very latest in criteria designed for museum facilities. The current exhibition has endeavoured to reconstruct the Archduke’s art and ‘wonder’ chamber, his ‘Heldenrüstkammer’ and armouries, as well as his antiquarium. In Ferdinand’s time there were living rooms in the Upper Castle. Today it is arranged over three floors, where the Habsburg’s portrait gallery with portraits of Albrecht III. (1349-1395) to Emperor Franz I. (1768-1835) can be seen. More than 200 portraits are exhibited, among them extremely valuable works by well-known artists, such as Lukas Cranach, Anton Mor, Tizian, van Dyck and Diego Velásquez. The collection of late-medieval sculptures is housed on the ground floor of the Upper Castle, with the showpiece being the Georgsaltar of Emperor Maximilian I.

 

Open:

Open daily from 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

In August from 10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.

 

Guided tours:

1st April to 31st October daily at 11.00 a.m. and 2.30 p.m.

1st December to 31st March daily at 2.30 p.m.

Guided tours for groups and children available upon advance registration

 

Entry prices:

April - October

Adults EUR 10.00

Groups from 10 people EUR 7.00

Children and young people under the age of 19, free of charge

 

December - March

Adults EUR 4.50

Groups from 10 people EUR 3.00

Children and young people under the age of 19, free of charge

 

Information & Contact:

Castle Ambras

Schloss Straße 20, 6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)1-52524-4803

Fax: +43-(0)1-52524-4899

To register for guided tours call: +43-(0)1-52524-4804

info.ambras@khm.at

» more information about the castle 

 

 

City tower

In the middle of the historic centre of Innsbruck stands the 51m city tower, which was erected around 1450. There are over 148 steps from the entrance to the historic town hall, and the 31m high viewing platform. Here time seems to stand still and you get to enjoy unique views to Innsbruck’s impressive mountainscape and the romantic Innsbruck Old Town. Built around 1442-50 as the only town hall tower for miles around (town hall built in 1358), in 1560 the pointed roofs were replaced by round domes. At the top was the towerkeeper's apartment, which had two tasks above all: to keep watch for enemies and to observe the Old Town which – watching out for risks of fire and to keep the peace at night. Formerly a prison cell was also set up in the tower.

 

Open:

June-September daily from 10.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.

October-May daily from 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

 

Contact & Information:

City tower Innsbruck

Herzog Friedrich Straße 31

6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-561500

Fax: +43-(0)512-561500-4

office@innsbruckmarketing.at

» more information about the city tower 

 

 

City tower gallery

Since 1971 the City tower gallery has been an exhibition area for Tirol art. From 1999 to spring 2002 the gallery was refurbished and extended. The City tower gallery lays emphasis on the presentation of works from new media. The inner courtyard area can also be used as a space for artistic installations and since the re-building work has been visually connected to the gallery via a glass body.

 

Open:

Tuesday to Saturday from 3.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.

Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays


Contact & Information:
City tower gallery 
Herzog Friedrich Straße 21

6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-578154

stadtturm@kuenstlerschaft.at

» more information about the city tower gallery 

 

 

 

Modern architecture in dialogue with time-honoured building stock – an impeccable blend of ambience and viewing pleasure, art and culture dating from pre-history to the present day. Special exhibits in the Art-box, interwoven with exhibits of display collections. The State Museum has become bigger, and this larger surface area provides more perspective. The new architecture permits a continuous chronological tour. Visitors start off on the basement in pre-historic times, then go via Gothic, Renaissance and the Baroque, until they reach the modern gallery on the 3rd upper floor. The Art-Box, the architectonic heart of the Ferdinandeum, is located in the centre of the museum. This is where special exhibits take place – surrounded by exhibition rooms. Glass walls enable comparisons to be made and allow new perspectives and interpretations. An exciting journey ..

 

Open:

1st June – 30th October

Daily from 10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m. 

Thursday from 10.00 a.m. - 9.00 p.m. (only in summer)

 

1st October – 31st May

Tuesday-Sunday from 10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.

Closed Monday

 

Contact & Information:

Tyrol state museum 

Museumstrasse 15, 6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43-(0)512-59489-9

Fax: +43-(0)512-59489-109

sekretariat@tiroler-landesmuseum.at

» more information about the museum

 

 

The Tirol Folk Art Museum, beside the Court Church in the heart of Innsbruck, is one of the most beautiful of its kind in Europe. It was built in 1888. The collection encompasses the area of the old Tirol with the Ladinsch valleys around the Dolomites and Trentino. The Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque rooms which were owned by nobles, the middle-class and farmers are a particular attraction. Amongst the agricultural furnishings, the opulently carved and painted wedding furniture stand out. The high status enjoyed by artisan craft is shown by the excellent work in copper, iron and tin, along with the work in glass and ceramic. Other points of emphasis are the collection of religious folk art, in particular the Christmas cribs, and the traditional rural festival costumes. These rich objects provide an insight into the versatile popular culture of the "countryside in the mountains" and of its German, Ladin and Italian inhabitants.

 

Opening times for the Tirol Folk Art Museum:

Monday to Sunday 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

 

Opening times for the Court Church:

Monday to Saturday 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

Sundays and bank holidays 12.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.

 

Entry prices:

Combi-ticket „Visit all the regional museums in Tirol with just one ticket“

EUR 8,-- Erwachsene/Adults/Adulti/Adultes

EUR 4,-- Senior citizens and groups of more than 10 people, discounted

EUR 16,-- Family ticket (with children under the age of 18)

EUR 4,-- Children (from 6 years old) / teenagers / school pupils / students

EUR 4,-- Discounts with proof of age (Ö1-Club, ÖKS etc)

EUR 2,-- Guided tour

EUR 65,-- Group guided tour package deal

 

Information & Contact:

Tyrol folk art museum

Universitätsstraße 2, 6020 Innsbruck

phone: +43 512 59489 -510

fax: +43 512 59489-520

volkskunstmuseum@tiroler-landesmuseen.at

» more information about the folk art museum 

 

 

Welcome to Hellbrunn Castle!

 

Experience a unique cultural jewel, which is not found in this guise anywhere else. With the ‘Lustschloss’’ Hellbrunn, Salzburg Prince Archbishop Markus Sittikus (1612-1615) erected a living memorial to his great passion for the arts of the Renaissance. The world-renown trick fountains are the centrepiece of pleasure in Hellbrunn. It is only through the power of the water that mystical grottoes, decorative fountains and, as a special feast for the eyes, the detailed Mechanical Theatre come to life as if by magic. Water spurts out of all jets and fountains – but don’t worry – you’ll get a little bit wet, certainly not wet through. This delectation fills visitors from all over the world with enthusiasm. A stroll through this unique park, with its ponds, makes your excursion a complete experience.

 

Open:

April to October, daily from 9.00 a.m.

 

Contact & Information:

Schloss Hellbrunn

Fürstenweg 37

5020 Salzburg

Tel.: +43-(0)662-820372-0

Fax: +43-(0)662-820372-4931

info@hellbrunn.at

» more information about the castle Hellbrunn 

 

 

Learn about the history of the Neolithic Age in a light-hearted manner

 

Experience Ötzi Village, the archaeological open-air park in Umhausen and immerse yourself in the everyday life of a small village community at the time of the famous "Ötzi". During the Neolithic Age mankind’s way of life changed fundamentally. This upheaval included all areas of the life of mankind. Experience Ötzi Village with all your senses- touch, smell and taste.

 

Open:

Start of May until October

Daily from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.

(October to 5.00 p.m.)

 

Guided tours:

Daily at 10.30 a.m., 12.00 p.m., 1.30 p.m., 3.00 p.m.

Duration: around 45 minutes

 

Entry prices:

Adults EUR 5.90

Children (6-15 years old) EUR 2.80

Family ticket (parents / 2 children over 6 years old) EUR 14.80

Advance notification of groups requested – discounts on enquiry

 

Contact & Information:

Ötzi village

6441 Umhausen/Ötztal

phone: +43-(0)5255-50022

Fax: +43-(0)5255-50033

office@oetzi-dorf.com

» more information about the Ötzi village 

 

 

Brochures

Order here our free and manifold brochures and documents.

Photos & Videos

Get a first impression with our impressive Photo- and Video materials.

Newsletter
We`ll inform you regularly about events, current offers and much more...
Location & Arrival

© 2014 Tourismusverband Ferienland Kufstein
Unterer Stadtplatz 8 | A-6330 Kufstein | Tel.: +43-(0)5372-62207 | E-mail: info@kufstein.com | Press | Sitemap | Contact | Impressum

Tirol